Because of rigid negative behavior patterns, an unstable self-image, uncontrollable emotions, and impulsivity, people with Borderline Personality Disorder face enormous challenges in dealing with others and themselves. It is critical to seek professional help and treatment as soon as possible. If you stay somewhere in Hooghly, consult the psychiatrist at the renowned diagnostic center in Hooghly.
But before that, how will you understand that you or someone you love has the potential symptoms? Read the blog to learn about the potential symptoms.
How Can You Spot BPD Symptoms in Your Loved Ones?
If you notice the following behaviors, you may be dealing with someone who has borderline personality disorder:
1) Sometimes they treat you like you’re the greatest person alive, and other times they treat you like you’re the worst. People with BPD frequently have distorted perceptions of others, whether acquaintances or people they interact with daily.
2) The individual is not quite sure of who they are. They experiment with various behaviors because they don’t know who they are. On the same day, they frequently exhibit a range of emotions toward the same person, including distance, authority, friendliness, and hostility.
3) The person makes a valiant effort to stop what they believe to be abandonment. A person with BPD may display excessive neediness and rage when their support system is removed, even for a brief period, such as when a close friend goes on vacation. If you can spot these symptoms in yourself or anyone you love, the specialist at the diagnostic center in Uttarpara can diagnose you/ your loved one with the personality disorder.
4) People who have borderline personalities react emotionally strongly to situations that most people would either ignore or dismiss. For instance, a person with BPD might develop a fixation on a situation or statement. If this person is confronted angrily, they might become fixated on the comment and unable to “let it go.”
5) A person with BPD may occasionally become violent. Additionally, if things get out of hand, they might try to hurt or harm other people. Despite classifying them as psychopaths, you must first speak with a therapist to learn about their triggers.
6) People suffering from BPD frequently feel empty or as if they are not present. Many patients express feelings of emptiness and wonder if they are truly alive in this world.
What Is the Origin of Borderline Personality Disorder?
- People with a family history of the disorder are at a higher risk of developing it.
- People with BPD have brain changes, particularly in areas that control impulses and emotions, but it is unclear whether these changes are risk factors for the disorder or caused by it.
- Considerations for the environment, culture, and society
- Childhood abuse, abandonment, or adversity are examples of traumatic life events.
- Unstable and ineffective relationships
- Being involved in hostile conflicts
Do you know someone who might be living with BPD? Just keep in mind that people with borderline personality disorder aren’t aware of what they do or how it affects other people. Maintain proper boundaries to keep yourself safe while trying to be as understanding as you can. To receive prompt assistance, make an appointment with a top psychiatrist in the best Polyclinic in Hooghly.