EXCLUSIVE ON HOOGHLY DISTRICT
BacT/AlerT 3D 60 : Automated Microbial Detection System for Blood and Body Fluid Culture.
VITEK 2 COMPACT 30 : Automated System for Identification and Drug Susceptibility of Routine Culture with Advanced Expert System.
REPORT : With MIC interpretation & Global CLSI-2017 based + Natural Resistance.
All types of Routine and special blood tests are done by using fully automated cell counter with automated barcode identification system.
Gives results only in 55 seconds with 100% accuracy and highest degree of precision.
All slides are directly seen on microscope and reported by our Oncopathologist herself.
Bone Marrow Aspiration and Trephine Biopsy is done by the Oncopathologist.
Fine needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) done and reported by Oncopathologist.
Cervical Pap test, sample collected by Oncopathologist herself (Not by any technician or OPD sister) as perfect sample collection is the most important step for proper reporting.
All samples are reported as per latest “The Bethesda System” guideline. So internationally challenged and accepted.
Body Fluid Cytology and cell block preparation are processed by highly qualified technician using latest technology in this pathology lab in Uttarpara.
Biochemistry and Hormone Assay
All types of Biochemical tests, Hormonal assay and Tumour markers are done by fully automated analyser using VIDAS by ELFA (Enzyme Linked Fluorescence Assay) technology. This technology is internationally accepted and challenged. Besides, we run Bio Rad Control of EQAS programme every month and the results are satisfactory.
Fully Automated Hormone Analyzer (VIDAS)
(Bio Merieux SA 69280 Marcy I’Etoile – Imported From France)
Comply with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified Quality System and with Quality System Regulation requirements ( 21 CFR 820 – US FDA)
All hormonal markers reports (Thyroid profile , Vit D3, Beta HCG, Serum IgE, PSA, Prolactin etc are given with 100 % accuracy in 30 – 40 minutes.
No cross contamination.
Automated Barcode identification system
Values are accepted and appreciated worldwide.
Biopsy (HPE) grossing is done by Oncopathologist herself in our diagnostic centre in Hooghly and a complete, comprehensive report including staging and other prognostic features (when and where required) as per latest WHO classification are given by her in 6 to 10 working days.
Trucut biopsy (Core biopsy): is a simple OPD procedure done by using a Bard gun (2.2 cm) under local anaesthesia, by our Oncopathologist. Report is delivered within 6 to 8 working days.
Microbiology and Serology
Under direct supervision of a qualified Microbiologist (MD, WBMES), all types of bacteriological, BACTEC and fungal culture, Semen culture are done. Culture & Sensitivity tests are done using latest CLSI guidelines. Both Aerobic and Anaerobic culture are run on High Vaginal Swab, Pus, Throat swab and Sputum. More than 30 antibiotics, including 4th generation are used for antibiogram (sensitivity).
Trained technical personnel run Urine, Stool, Sputum and Semen analysis under direct supervision of Pathologist and Microbiologist.
Dr. Sharmistha Debnath Chatterjee MD (Path),DNB (Path)
Associate Professor & Head, Department of Oncopathology
Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata
Dr. M. N. Chatterjee Memorial Pathology Laboratory, Uttarpara as Chief Pathologist and Director.
- Apollo Clinic, Jessore Road (NABL 2012 accredited) as Chief Pathologist and Laboratory Director.
HealthEtc Baguiati as Chief Pathologist.
- M.D. Pathology ; Motilal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad, KGMU.
- Diplomate of National Board of Examination, Delhi. (DNB Pathology)
- Thesis topic: “Detection of Human Papilloma Virus DNA in the Premalignant and Malignant Lesions of Oral Cavity and Oesophagus; Morphometric Analysis of Oral Submucous Fibrosis and Its Correlation with Histological Grading” • Supervisor: Prof. Mamta Singh ,Motilal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad, U.P. – 211001, India..
- Mar.2005 – Sep.2005, House-physician (6 months); General Medicine, Sambhunath Pandit Hospital, Elgin Road, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- 2003-2004, Rotating Internship (1 year); Nilratan Sircar Medical College, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- 1998-2003, M.B.B.S.: Nilratan Sircar Medical College, University of Calcutta, West Bengal, India.
- 1997, Higher Secondary Examination (Standard XII): 80.2% marks; West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, Jadavpur Vidyapith, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- 1995, Secondary Examination (Standard X): 87.56% marks; West Bengal Board of Secondary Education, Jadavpur Vidyapith, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- Certificate for a poster presentation on “Pre-operative Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour of Stomach by Endoscopic Biopsy: Report of Two Cases” in U.P. PATHMICON – 2006 at Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University,India.
- Certificate for attending workshop on training in Soft Tissue Tumours and its Immunohistochemical Diagnosis, March 2007 at Department of Pathology, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India.
- Certificate for an oral presentation on ” Comparative Study of Efficacy of Imprint and Squash Cytology in Diagnosing Lessions of the Central Nervous System” in CYTOCON -2007 at Department of Pathology, Motilal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad, U.P.India.
- MCertificate for a poster presentation on ” Detection of Human Papilloma Virus DNA in the Premalignant and Malignant Lesions of Oral Cavity” in APCON – 2008 at Department of Pathology, S.R.M. Hospital, Chennai , India.
- Training in Basic Haematopathology course in Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in 2010.
- International CME at Allahabad
- Certificate for a poster presentation on in CYTOCON-2012 at Department of Pathology, KIMS, Bhubaneswar, Odissa.
- Attended 4th International Oncopathology CME, held in Pune, 5th & 6th January, 2013.
- Attended 5th International Oncopathology CME, held in Loni, 2014.
- Debnath S, Singh P.A. , Mehrotra R., Singh M., Gupta S.C., Chowdhury A., Pandya S., Singh M. “Human papillomavirus infection and premalignant lesions of oral cavity : A cross-sectional study in Allahabad, North India”. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology 2009; 5: 111-118.
- Dr. Sharmistha Debnath as co author in “ Correlation of addictive factors, human papilloma virus infection and histopathology of oral submucous fibrosis” in Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine (2010) 39;460-464.
- Dr. Sharmistha Debnath as co author in “Comparative study of efficacy of imprint and squash cytology in diagnosing lesions of the central nervous system.” In Asia Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2011.
- Dr. Sharmistha Debnath as author in “Morphometric analysis of oral submucous fibrosis and its correlation with clinical severity and histological grading’ In Egyptian journal of Ear Nose and Throat and allied sciences. 2014.
- Misra V, Debnath S, Singh PA, Singh SP, Dwivedi M. “Significance of Charcot Leyden crystals in hepatic aspirates”. Journal of Cytology. 2009.
- Dr. Sharmistha Debnath as co author in ‘Primary squamous cell carcinoma of breast with ipsilateral axillary lymphnode matastasis: An unusual case’ in International Journal of Surgery Case Reports 2 (2011) 194-197.
- Dr. Sharmistha Debnath as co author in “ Schwannoma of nasal septum- a rare case report.” Egyptian journal of Ear Nose and Throat and allied sciences. Vol.13, p- 121-125. 2012.
- Dr. Sharmistha Debnath as co author in “ Leiomyoma of kidney; an Indian experience with literature review.” International journal of surgery case reports. Vol.3. p- 569-573. 2012
- Article named “Non-neoplastic lesions of the prostate” published in Proceedings, IAPID Conference, APCON 2006 held at Bangalore.
- Debnath S Misra V, Singh PA, Singh M. Low grade cystic mesothelioma of rectus sheath. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2007; 3:173-176.
- Debnath S, Misra V, Misra P, Singh PA, Dwivedi M. Pre-operative diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Stromal tumour of stomach by endoscopic biopsy: Report of two cases. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2008; 2:XX-XX.
Co-guide of Researches completed/ running in the department:
- Dr. Sharmistha Debnath, Assistant Prof., Laboratory Oncology acting as co-guide in M.S Gynaecology & Obstetrics thesis under Chief guide Dr. Anuradha Phadikar, titled “ Study of association of ER & PR receptors with FIGO surgical staging of endometrial carcinoma”
- Dr. Sharmistha Debnath, Assistant Prof., Laboratory Oncology acting as co-guide in M.D Pathology thesis under Chief guide Dr. Santosh Kumar Mondal titled “ Role of WT 1, bcl-2, MIB 1 and HER 2 NEU as diagnostic and prognostic immune markers in ovarian serous and endometrioid carcinoma”
- Dr. Sharmistha Debnath, Assistant Prof., Laboratory Oncology acting as co-guide in M.D Pathology thesis under Chief guide Dr. Dipanwita Nag, titled “ Analysis of cell block preparation versus smear examination in body fluids and immunohistochemistry to distinguish reactive mesothelial cells from malignant mesothelial cells and adeno carcinoma cells”
- Member, Indian Association of Pathology and Microbiology
- Indian Medical Association, Uttarpara Branch, West Bengal.
Prof. Premala Anthony Singh
Professor & Head of the Department,
Department of Pathology,
Motilal Nehru Medical College,
Allahabad, U.P. – 211001,
Prof. Vatsala Misra
Prof & Head of the Department,
Department of Pathology,
Motilal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad – 211001
Chief Editor of IJPM
Dr. Sayed N Nadeem